Saturday, February 18, 2006

Insanity prevails

Ahoy me hearties. Me 38-40 or so regular visitors who have seen neither hide nor hair from this stressed-out pirate. Alas, 'tis no excuse for not at least posting something for the past two months. There is still much afoot, most of which I canna tell ye about , as I work for a public company (not to be confused with a pubic company - for adolescents only).

I had been hoping against hope that I would have been able to get these projects completed yet more and more keep coming at me. A veritable cannonade of fire 'cross me bowsprit. At least the forestays are in one piece.

This weekend finds me in two places - one is at home pushing 84 meg pixel photos around for display in an offsite location that begins installation next Tuesday. Did I mention that I am still pushing pixels around. There are more than 160 huge-ass pieces of museum quality photography (shot by yours truly) that must be completed, printed, framed and hung before next Wednesday. Wednesday is an appropriate day, named after Woden - a bastardization of the name of the Norse god Odin, as it will take an intervention of the gods to make this happen. The second place I will be found this weekend is in the studio with the film editor as we try to complete an eleven-minute diatribe for presentation on March 1st. Again, appropriate as Mars is the god of war, for which I have already girded my loins.

I haven't had a weekend OFF for about three months now, and quite frankly, it sucks. But, as they say, that's why they pay me the big bucks. Well, I have news for you. All the high six-figure income does not stop the walls from moving in my peripheral vision. I hit the proverbial wall last week at about 3 p.m. and was lucky to get home without wrecking the car.

Methinks that blogging again will enable me to rest for a bit, even if it is a brief posting.

Thank ye verily to the 38 who consistently seek postings on the barren wasteland of late.