Sunday, February 26, 2006

Deconstruction continues at the gallery

Possibly the worst thing that can happen to an artist is to have his or her work removed for renovation. You know, the kind of renovation that will please even the best Administrative Assistant, a VP who has all his or her taste in their mouths, and the kind of renovation that definitely pleases a used-car salesman.

This photo is too high... whine whine whine. Or the best one yet was, My momma always said pictures should be hung so they are at eye level, uttered by a 5'5" person. Hmmm. He is right, we should put step stools in front of every grouping so he can actually have his suggestion initiated. Ummmm, let me think about that for a millisecond. No. 

Why is it that the CEO absolutely loved the finished product until other opinions, like assholes, opened up and spewed forth their diarhea-like ideas onto the walls.

I am over the initial frustration, and have been spending days trying to come up with a design that everyone likes. Kind of like being a cat's scratching post. It has a useful purpose, unless you are the post.

I will make it work, it will be better than before. Now, if I could only stop the clock while I figure this out.

Desdemona is also taking it in stride, bless her heart, she is being fantastic about this, and I think I am taking it harder than she is. Which is funny because it was mostly her work. I admire her, and she doesn't even know it!

Stomps With Foot has been a trooper as well. I tend to download my frustrations upon her shoulders after a day at work. I just wish I had had a chance to show her the gallery before it was deconstructed. However, the final (yeah, right) product will make everyone happy as little clams, complete with smug smiles from the artists.