Friday, December 16, 2005

The devil made me do it



I made a present of this wonderful Swinger Ring (no pun intended) to Stomps With Foot while we were in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Click the photo to be redirected to their website. It is made by Teufel (pronounced toy-full) Jewelry and we had seen one in Hawaii many years ago and didn't buy it. When we discovered it in a jewelry store inside New York New York … well, I just had to get it for her.

Now the interesting part is that my friend Heb, who lives in Bavaria, suggested I name my new ride The Red Devil after a famous German pirate ship. I did a translation from English to German and lo and behold the word Teufel translates to devil. Now this is just a wierd coincidence, methinks.

I wondered if I should tell SWF about the translation of our new favorite word, Teufel, not wanting to give any negative connotations to her new bling. I did. She cocked her head and said, "What???"

Guess that was not a wise choice, but we love the word! Forget about the translation. A rose by any other name … and all.