Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Fairy garden wind chimes

This morning, and I do mean morning - it was 0500 hours and I was in the midst of my daily routine, when I heard my wind chimes. The end of summer is approaching, the mornings are cooler and we are finally getting some air movement. Stomps With Foot bought the chimes for me probably five or six years ago and they never fail to make me smile.

I placed them off the back porch in her fairy garden area, which is filled with wildflowers and blooming plants of all sorts, including moon flowers, the lonely jimson weed (which has beautiful flowers), morning glory's, and a beautiful purple sage.



This is a partial photo of the purple sage, which bloomed like crazy once we had some rain a few weeks ago. The wind chimes are in the upper left of the photo.

Smiling at the sound of wind chimes, first thing in the morning, is the best way to start one's day.