Friday, September 30, 2005

Don't panic, they're organic!

Timmy sent me this photo of dahlias. Wow, just wow! His comment was, "Pull out the black light, burn a fattie." Daym, son, you don't even need a black light to view these beauties. He has commented that The City is full of flowers, year-round.

©2005, Sanfransicko, All Rights Reserved. Published with permission.

He once recited a quote, attributed to Mark Twain, who said, "The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."

Stomps With Foot and I visited The City many, many yeArrrs ago, visiting Haight-Ashbury, Lombard Street, Alcatraz (where we liberated some kind of succulent plant and whisked it off to Texas to see if it would grow) Sears Pancakes, and this old Zephyr diner downtown somewhere (help me here Timmy) where I was dumbstruck when I read on the menu that, "If our waitstaff asks you if everything is OK, your meal is free, because they should know if everything is OK." I wish I had snagged one of those menus because every time a waiter/waitress comes by our table and asks that question, I think of that tag line.

Wish I could remember the name of the place and I hope it is still there. We need a dose of The City, for a week or long weekend, chilling out in a B&B with Timmy and the lovely and talented "Wife Is Home," as our guides. Guess we will wait until next summer, when it's over 100-degrees in Dallas. Ah, winter in the summer. Oh, did I mention that it was 102-degrees here Wednesday, September 28th, 2005. Sheesh.