Saturday, July 02, 2005

Signalman, lower the ensign to half-mast

LCBeth has stirred up some supressed emotions about the loss of loved ones and comrades-at-arms. I am surprised to find myself in "flashback" mode, some 34-years since I returned deployment to Vietnam. She has a wonderful post that I wish you would all visit. I didn't know Sgt. Muralles, but I do know the pain and sadness his family is bearing – and will continue to bear throughout their lives.



Sergeant First Class Mark Muralles. Please click this photo to be re-directed, and remember to honor all who have, will, and are serving our nation in Afghanistan and globally, so we may have the freedoms for which they pay the ultimate price. Amazing Grace is being played on bagpipes in my head.



Tears are for the living.
The Lord bless you and keep you,
Make His face to shine upon you,
And be gracious to you.
The Lord lift up His Countenance upon you,
And give you peace. Amen. (Num. 6:24-26)