Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I am a privateer of the blogosphere


Letters of Marque

If there is one thing that blogging has taught me, it is that the Pajamahadeen, that is the backbone of the Blogosphere, is more powerful than I ever imagined.

From Rathergate to Terry Schiavo, from the McCain-Feingold Act to the Federal Election Commission, the blogosphere has proven to be a powerful tool with an astounding sphere of influence; especially considering the relatively small percentage of people who blog on a regular basis. "Google it!" is one of the best examples of success. Once your name becomes a verb, you have arrived. It is exactly like "Fed-Ex" it, or go "make a Xerox."

Some say that blogging is just a fad. I find it to be quite the opposite, it is the finding and exercising of a voice. A very powerful, collective voice – and more and more people are noticing its effect on America. Congress returns early from their Easter break, and the President of these United States head to the White House to sign a bill to sustain the life of Terry Schiavo. Is there a connection? Methinks it be so.

There are folks like Michelle Malkin who have kept me on my toes since I discovered her blog last year. There are folks like El Capitan, who are wonderfully creative writers that inspire me.

There are radical leftwingers and rightwingers assailing the MSM and making people think. Instead of gorging themselves to heaping helping of media pablum, citizens of the blogosphere are making an impact on everyone's life.

Every single person that I met at the Texas Blogfest 2005, this past weekend, impressed me. Some more than others, but all of them impressed me as real Americans, as real people and as real friends; each of whom has a unique opinion that is more than worth a listen.

I am a privateer of the blogosphere.