Monday, February 21, 2005

More about the Kinkster

A Train Wreck in Maxwell sent me a comment last week about my comments regarding Kinky Friedman's gubernatorial bid. He was kind enough to send me a link to some of the Kinkster's missives published in Texas Monthly magazine to which I direct your attention.



If there is one thing that strikes a chord that Mr. Friedman has to say, it's that, "People in both the East and the West long ago decided to let Saigons be bygones." Been there - have no desire to return, and I applaud the Kinkster for sharing his reasoning. I had no desire to go to the 'Nam, but I went for the right reasons, although I still believe that fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity. It's all a matter of semantics - live ammo is live ammo, no matter what the caliber.

Interesting read ye scurvy dogs and a tip-o-the-hat to Sea Bee KP. Having a second home in New Braunfels makes us neighbors! So, KP, if'n yer ever in the neighborhood, and ye see the Cap'n's flag flying, drop in for some Shiner.