Thursday, January 27, 2005

Phhhhfffsssssss sssss sssss... BANG!

El Capitan pulled the pin on a grenade and tossed into my lap. I scramble to find the pin and put it back into place … to no avail. "I am so dead," I think to myself.

Then I snap back to reality and realize that I, too, have three live grenades I have to toss:

Witness herewith my explosion, in response to this viral blog. The link that brought me to this look at my inner-self is here.

All of these songs, and many more, are now embedded in my DNA. They have all become, as Jimmy Buffett once titled an album - Songs You Know By Heart.

If you click the song name, AND you have iTunes installed, you will be immediately transported to the iTunes Music Store.

If you don't have iTunes installed, click here to download iTunes for Mac or (cough) PeeCee! Then you too, will know the elegance of iTunes.

Random 10

Using the Party Shuffle feature in Apple's iTunes here are the first 10 songs:

1. Haven't We Lost Enough - Crosby, Stills and Nash
2. Desperation Samba (Halloween in Tijuana) - Jimmy Buffett
3. Angelica - Paul Schwartz
4. Three Women Walking - Ottmar Liebert
5. Typical Situation (Live) - Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
6. Porcelain - Moby
7. Indian Spring - Craig Chaquico
8. White Room - Cream
9. The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
10. River of Stars - 2002

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
There are 3,873 songs in my iTunes library. 758 were purchased from Apple's iTunes Music Store.

2. The last CD you bought is:
License to Chill - Jimmy Buffett. Total Parrothead music onboard = 262! Yar! Heave the ho and make room for mo!

3. What is the song you last listened to before this message?

Desert Rose - Sting



4. 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

1) The Unknown Soldier - The Doors; Jim Morrison, a troubled soul with an astonishing sense of reality. Listened to this one back in the 'Nam.




2) One Particular Harbor - Jimmy Buffett. There is nothing better than listening to this song, to take me to the islands, than this wonderful boat song.



3) Dream Of The Dolphin - Enigma. A snippet from this 5-star album includes the haunting statement … "Remember the Shaman as he used to say, man is the dream of the dolphin." Enigma has always blown me away and takes me on spiritual journey every time I listen to them.



4) Southern Cross - Crosby, Stills, Nash. More of the nautical theme going on here, are we seeing a pattern? "Got outta town on a boat to the southern islands."



5) Take My Hand - Dido. Listened to this song, last year, every day for 60 days during a video shoot across America. Compelling lyrics - angelic voice - wonderful percussion and strings. Wow.



5. Who are you gonna pass this stick to (three persons and why)?
1. Beth - because she is hosting Texas Blogfest 2005 and I am interested in knowing her musical DNA stamp.
2. Andy - because he intrigues me.
3. Peter - because he is half-way around the world and a stranger in a strange land.