Monday, January 10, 2005

2005 An Odyssey - update

While my travel agent is diligently working on our itinerary, cousin Cecil called yesterday. The PET scan showed a lot of nodes, but they were all inactive! Prognosis is 5-10 years. Whew. While I would have loved to have gone to Wayland's crash site to fulfill promises made, it is a huge relief that the nodes are inactive. Will they reactivate - probably. Will they ultimately take his life - probably. In the meantime, I am planning a flight to Virginia in February to visit with him for 3-4 days.

Huge sigh of relief from Stomps With Foot - not only for the inactivity of the cancer, but also for me not having to go to Vanuatu any time soon. Seems she worries about me doing that jungle scene thing.

Isn't it interesting how one thing leads to another, and especially how we never know what is just around the corner. It makes me very proud of Stomps With Foot. I knew she was opposed to the trip, but she understood the reasons and the brotherhood that made it a probability.

I can't wait to see what the travel agent comes up with! The money isn't the problem, the time and distance are. But, then again, there are no problems we cannot overcome when only money, time and distance are involved. God willing.