Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Living is easy with eyes closed

Just a bit of a diatribe in today's missive. A vituperation to myself, from myself. To my chagrin, I discovered that it takes time to present thoughful bloggage - Surprise! Being a creative director it is obvious to me that writing requires time, editing and … did I mention time. That elusive yet ever-present dictum. Quite a paradox which in and of itself is a conundrum to be pondered.

A friend of mine once said, "You always have time for what you put first." I have adopted that phrase for many years when fussing at those who procrastinate and don't, or won't, make time for what is important to them. Ergo, my realization that being lazy is just a rephrasing of the aforementioned quote … not putting those things first, for which you have time.

December 11th came and went. I turned 55 years-of-age. Nothing to it. Today I am reminded of the reason for starting this head-long venture into the blogosphere. It's all about time, and what I do with it. I get inspiration from my friend, El Capitan - the Baboon Pirate , who seems to have gotten it right with regards to constructive use of his time.

My granddaughter is 19-months old. So young - yet so affected by time, even at her tender age. She is assimilating everything, naming everything, learning a language and, unbeknownst to her, using her time wisely. There is a great lesson to be learned from her and although in her world it's the epitome of John Lennon's quote - " I, me, mine," in my world, there should more you, yours and ours.

Should I continue to take the time to scribe my thoughts and impressions? A resounding YES, thumps the side of my head, for that is the reason for keeping this missive alive. It isn't so much for me as it is for those who surround me - and yet it is for me … so when I am older I will be able to accurately reflect on the effect of time on this mortal corpus and evaluate the proper use of it on my immortal soul.